Warsaw Kids Film Forum - the projects have been selected
3 August 2017
25 projects from over 80 submissions from 25 countries have been selected to participate in the Warsaw Kids Film Forum. The event will take place on 27-29 September in Warsaw. FCP supports the event.
WKFF is Poland’s first international pitching forum for films and television projects aimed at a young audience. Selected projects will have the opportunity to take part in the pitching session in front of Polish and European decision makers: distributors, sales agents, film institutes, regional funds, television stations and film festivals.
The organizers of WKFF have increased the number of projects in the pitching session due to the interest larger than expected. 25 titles have qualified from countries such as; Poland (including 8 projects being developed at Kids Film Pro), Germany, the Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Italy, Slovenia, Serbia, Turkey and Bulgaria.
The Forum will take place from the 27 – 29 September 2017 in Warsaw during the 4th edition of The Kids Film Festival and will be a 3-day event that has been divided into 2 parts. The first day of the Forum (27.09) will be called Inspiration Day and will be comprised of case studies, presentations and lectures about children’s cinema in Poland and Europe.
Registration for participants (observers) is currently open, click HERE to register.
Warsaw Kids Film Forum is organized by the Education Department of the New Horizons Association. WKFF is made possible by the support of the Municipal Office Capital City of Warsaw, the Ministry of Culture and National Heritage, Creative Europe Desk Polska and the Polish Film Institute. Partners of WKFF are the Film Commission Poland, the Mazovia Film Fund, the Polish Animation Producers Association, Polish Audiovisual Producers Chamber of Commerce, Kids Regio, Akademie für Kindermedien, EAVE and The Financing Forum for Kids Content.
- The Adventure Hunters (script: Piotr Rzepka, producer: Dagmara Piasecka, MD4, Poland)
- aLIVE (script: Helena Szoda-Woźniak, producer: Jarosław Szoda, Fabryka, Poland)
- The Bus To America (director: Derya Durmaz, producer: Nefes Polat, Mars Production, Turkey)
- Christmas Wish (script: Tadeusz Rawa, Łukasz Olszacki, producer: Aleksandra Wojtaszek, touchFILMS, Poland)
- Crazy Sweethearts (script: Emil Płoszajski, Artur Wyrzykowski, producer: Artur Wyrzykowski, Artcore, Poland)
- Ghost School (director: Jan Bártek, script: Kristina Májova, producer: Pavel Bercik, producer: Evolution Films, Czech Republic)
- The Girl, Who Lost Her Smile (script: Monika Kruteil-Reisch, producer: Piotr Reish, SPInka Film Studio, Poland)
- How I Learned To Fly (director: Radivoje Andric, script: Ljubica Lukovic, producer: Maja Popovic, SENSE Production, Serbia)
- Iga (script: Ewa Martynkien, producer: Magdalena Rychła, BeGood Films, Poland)
- Łauma (director: Paweł Borowski, producer: Karolina Mróz-Couchard, producer: Lava Films, Poland)
- Mission Ulja Funk (script: Barbara Kronenberg, Niemcy)
- Odyssey (director: Piotr Stasik, Łukasz Czapski, producer: Maciej Kubicki, Anna Kępińska, Telemark, Poland)
- Sihja (director: Marja Pyykkö, script: Jenni Toivoniemi, Kirsikka Saari, producer: Sanna Kultanen, Elli Toivoniemi, Tuffi Films, Finland)
- Skarbek (script: Wojciech Kuczok, producer: Michał Kowalik, Domino Film, Poland)
- Iggy The Eagle (director: Bartek Kędzierski, producer: Radosława Bardes, Studio Produkcyjne ORKA, Poland)
- Living Large (director: Kristina Dufkova, script: Petr Jarchovský, producer: Veronika Sabova, Barletta, Czech Republic)
- Privisa (script: Julita Olszewska, producer: Wojciech Stuchlik, Platige Image, Poland)
- Squeek (director: Łukasz Kacprowicz, Marcin Wasilewski, script: Kas Zawadowicz, Fabrice Ziolkowski, producer: Robert Jaszczurowski, Grupa Smacznego, Poland)
- Underage Scientists (script: Mirosław Skowron, producer: Aleksandra Skowron, Mediolia, Poland)
- The Brownies (director: Jordan Brankovski, script: Alexandra Lopez, producer: Lachezar Velinov, Zographic Films, Bulgaria)
- Flip Unity (script: Jan Fusek, producer: Martina Sakova, Projector23, Germany)
- Kino And The Silly Fairies (script: Ugo Murgia, Carmela Pignatelli, Guglielmo Fiamma, producer: UGO MURGIA, MUPI, Italy)
- Mabel Cleans Up (script: Viola Lippman, Germany)
- poCATS (director: Csaba Bardos, script: Attila Solymari, producer: Karoly Seiner, Ionart Studio, Hungary)
- Twisted Tales (script: Jasmina Kallay, producer: Sara Bozanic, Institute For Transmedia Design, Slovenia)