The Main Building of AGH University of Science and Technology – built in 1921-36, the main building of the Stanisław Staszic University of Science and Technology in Kraków is an imposing neoclassical edifice. It is an example of the neoclassical academic style popular in the 1920s in Poland. In front of the entrance, there are monumental sculptures of miners and foundry workers, while on the roof there is a sculpture of St Barbara. After the outbreak of the Second World War, from 1939-1945, the building was taken over by the occupation government of German General Gouvernment. The building is located on the area of university campus, between Reymonta St., Czarnowiejska St., and Mickwicza Ave. in Kraków.