In 1901 it was built as a city for the German army: military barracks, stables, garages, brought the railroad and built a concrete bridge over the river beaver. In 1945 the town was occupied by Soviet troops. Since then disappeared from the maps. Location was not available for the Poles. Prior to 1992 the city inhabited by Soviet soldiers was buzzing. Were built, among others, schools, apartment blocks and shops. After the collapse of the Soviet Union Pstrąże left the all residents. Today it is a part of the military training and falls in increasing disrepair.