If land or a building or other structure is to be used as a shooting location or support facility, it is necessary to obtain a shooting permit from the owner or the authority responsible for managing the site in question.

Locations in Poland might belong to the State Treasury (Skarb Państwa), a local authority, a denominational group, a religious order or a private individual. In every case, it is worth preparing documents containing the following information:

  • the title of the film and the names of the director and producer;
  • the film budget;
  • production insurance;
  • type of production: feature film, documentary, television, commercials;
  • the shooting date and number of filming days;
  • a description of the scene or scenes to be shot;
  • the composition of the crew: names and ID numbers, as well as the number of vehicles involved;
  • a description of the equipment: lights, generators, cranes, dollies and so forth.

Film Commission Poland can provide assistance with location scouting and obtaining the requisite permits, as can the regional film commissions operating in Poland’s largest cities and a number of companies specialising in the field.

For a list of communes, poviats and voivodships, please see the map: (in Polish)

Shooting Permits by Ownership

  •  State Treasury Property

State Treasury property is managed by specially appointed agencies, such as the agricultural and military agencies, for instance, as well as by the local authorities, in other words, the urban, rural and urban-rural communes (gmina*), poviats (powiat) and voivodships (województwo). The management of State Treasury property not allocated to the special agencies, including lending and renting, is one of the tasks assigned to the leaders of the local authority units, in other words, the mayors (burmistrz), the city presidents (prezydent miasta), the leaders of the poviat executives and administration (starosta) and the voivods (wojewoda). Special departments operate within the offices of these authorities, namely the city/town offices (urząd miasta), commune offices (urząd gminy), poviat offices (starostwo powiatowe) and the executive offices of the voivodships (urząd marszałkowski). These departments (wydział gospodarowania nieruchomościami Skarbu Państwa, more often than not) are responsible for the management of state-owned property and are the place to apply for permits for its use in a film. State Treasury property is owned by the Ministry of Treasury.

* All the Polish terms provided in this section are given in the singular form

Ministry of Treasury
Department of Treasury Property
Ministerstwo Skarbu PaństwaDepartament Mienia Skarbu Państwa
00-522 Warsaw, ul. Krucza 36
tel. +48 22 695 87 72, fax +48 22 628 32 99,

  • Local Government Property

The local authorities also manage their own property, which includes architectural objects and land. Permits to use them in a film are issued by the property management department of the local authority office in question.

The communes, poviats and voivodships may exercise permanent management over facilities transferred to them by government administration, hospitals and schools being cases in point here. They are very often authorised to issue permits and must only address a request to the body they report to in certain cases, which simplifies the production process in places at some distance from the administrative centres.

  • Property Owned by a Denominational Group or Religious Order

The majority of sacred buildings in Poland are Roman Catholic. However, there are also Orthodox, Protestant, Jewish and Muslim places of worship and religious complexes. Shooting permits for Christian churches are issued by the head of the local diocese or archdiocese, namely the bishop (biskup) or archbishop (arcybiskup), respectively. In monasteries and convents, this is the responsibility of the prior, the abbot, the abbess or the mother superior. The offices of the local Jewish Community issues permits to film in synagogues, while the offices of the local Muslim commune handles shooting permits for mosques.

Metropolitan Curia in Gniezno
Kuria Metropolitalna w Gnieźnie
62-200 Gniezno, ul. Kanclerza Jana Łaskiego 7
tel. +48 61 426 21 02, fax +48 61 426 21 05

The Lutherian Church
Kościół Ewangelicko-Augsburski
00-246 Warsaw, ul. Miodowa 21
tel. +48 22 887 02 01, fax +48 22 887 02 18

Metropolitan of the Polish Autocephalous Orthodox Church
Warszawska Metropolia Prawosławna
03-402 Warsaw, Al. Solidarności 52
tel. +48 22 619 08 86, fax +48 22 619 29 96

The Union of Jewish Religious Communities in Poland
Związek Gmin Wyznaniowych Żydowskich w RP
00-104 Warsaw, ul. Twarda 6
tel. +48 22 620 06 76, fax +48 22 620 10 37

Muslim Religious Union in the Republic of Poland
Governing Body
Muzułmański Związek Religijny w Rzeczypospolitej Polskiej
Najwyższe Kolegium
15-207 Białystok, ul. Piastowska 13F
tel./fax +48 85 732 40 23

For a list of monasteries, please see: (in Polish)

For a list of convents, please see: (in Polish)

  • Private Property

The use of private land and property in a film requires a signed agreement setting out the rights and obligations of the parties during filming.

Shooting Permits By Property Type

  • National, Voivodship and Municipal Roads

In terms of ownership, the roads in Poland are classified as national, voivodship, poviat or commune roads. Irrespective of the category, two procedures are obligatory; consent must be obtained for occupying a traffic lane (zajęcie pasa drogowego) and for a specific use of a road (wykorzystanie drogi w sposób szczególny). In order to obtain permission to film, it is necessary to apply to the offices proper to the particular type of road:

- national roads:

General Directorate for National Roads and Motorways
Generalna Dyrekcja Dróg Krajowych i Autostrad
00-874 Warsaw, ul. Wronia 53
tel. +48 22 375 88 88,

- voivodship roads; the Chief Executive’s Office (urząd marszałkowski)

- poviat roads and urban, rural and urban-rural commune roads; the poviat, city/town or commune offices.

  • Urban Green Areas, Forests and Farmlands

To obtain a shooting permit for municipal parks and other urban green spaces, or for forests located with the ambits of the city or town, it is necessary to apply to the local authority's department of the environment and green areas (wydział środowiska, wydział ochrony środowiska, zarząd zieleni miejskiej, more often than not). State forests are managed by the General Directorate of State Forests and requests for permission to film should be submitted to the local inspectorate (nadleśnictwo).

General Directorate of State Forests
Dyrekcja Generalna Lasów Państwowych
02-362 Warsaw, ul. Bitwy Warszawskiej 1920 r. 3
tel. +48 22 589 81 00, fax +48 22 589 81 71

Agricultural Property Agency
Resource Management Unit
Agencja Nieruchomości Rolnych
Zespół Gospodarowania Zasobem
00-215 Warsaw, ul. Dolańskiego 2
tel. +48 22 452 54 56, fax +48 22 452 54 57

  • National Parks

There are twenty-three national parks, one hundred and twenty-two landscape parks and four hundred and eighty-one nature reserves in Poland. Filming within them requires a permit issued by the director of the park or reserve in question.

List of national parks in Poland.

  1. Babia Góra National Park           
  2. Białowieża National Park            
  3. Biebrza National Park   
  4. Bieszczady National Park            
  5. Tuchola Forest National Park    
  6. Drawno National Park  
  7. Gorce National Park     
  8. Stołowe Mountains National Park         
  9. Kampinos National Park             
  10. Karkonosze National Park          
  11. Magura National Park  
  12. Narew National Park    
  13. Ojców National Park     
  14. Pieniny National Park   
  15. Polesie National Park   
  16. Roztocze National Park Roztocze
  17. Słowiński National Park              
  18. Świętokrzyski National Park      
  19. Tatra National Park       
  20. Ujście Warty National Park        
  21. Wielkopolska National Park      
  22. Wigry National Park
  23. Wolin National Park       

  • Aerial Filming

A permit is required to carry out drone aerial filming in Poland. The drone pilot has to hold a special certificate of qualifications. The issue of the flight area over which a permit to film is required is complex, and it is advised to contact a company professionally providing drone aerial filming services (a list of such companies is available HERE).

More information on the permits is available at Civil Aviation Authority.

Civil Aviation Authority
Customer Service Point and Post Room
Urząd Lotnictwa Cywilnego
Punkt Obsługi Klienta i Kancelaria
02-247 Warsaw, ul. Marcina Flisa 2
tel. +48 22 520 72 00,

For an interactive map of Polish Air Navigation Agency’s zones, please see:

  • Water

Filming on rivers, lakes and other bodies of water, as well as on dams and in hydroelectric facilities, required a permit. This can be obtained from the owner or managing body. In the case of state-owned land, either the appropriate document is issued by the regional water authority (regionalny zarząd gospodarki wodnej) or authorisation is granted by the relevant department of the voivodship, poviat or commune offices (wydział gospodarki wodnej, wydział ochrony środowiska, zarząd melioracji, more often than not).

National Water Management Authority
Krajowy Zarząd Gospodarki Wodnej
00-844 Warsaw, ul. Grzybowska 80/82
tel. +48 22 372 02 60, fax +48 22 372 02 95,

Shooting Permits by the Nature of the Property

  • Historical Sites and Buildings

Filming in historical buildings or at historical sites requires the permission of the owner or managing body. In some cases, the consent of the local historical conservation office will also be needed. Buildings and sites of this nature are often home to museums, open-air ethnographical museums or cultural parks. The possibility of photographing and filming museum collections and exhibits may be covered by separate regulations. Shooting in historical buildings or at historical sites, particularly in the case of ruins, often involves the necessity of meeting additional insurance requirements.

Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
Monuments Preservation Department
Ministerstwo Kultury i Dziedzictwa Narodowego
Departament Ochrony Zabytków
02-656 Warsaw, ul. Ksawerów 13
tel. +48 22 646 05 27, fax +48 22 848 53 53,

  • Military Facilities

Filming in military facilities requires the consent, on each and every occasion, of the commanding officer of the unit to which the facility belongs.

Ministry of National Defence
Administration Department
Ministerstwo Obrony Narodowej
Departament Administracyjny
00-911 Warsaw, Al. Niepodległości 218
tel. +48 22 684 00 32, fax +48 22 687 41 89

General Staff of the Polish Armed Forces
Sztab Generalny Wojska Polskiego
00-904 Warsaw, ul. Rakowiecka 4A
tel. +48 22 687 03 35, fax +48 22 687 04 72

Military Property Agency
Real Estate Management and Marketing Unit
Agencja Mienia Wojskowego
Zespół Gospodarki Nieruchomościami i Marketingu
00-911 Warsaw, ul. Nowowiejska 26A
tel. +48 22 314 97 68

  • Police and Fire Stations

Filming in facilities belonging to the police or fire brigade requires the consent, on each and every occasion, of the commanding officer of the unit to which the facility belongs.

Ministry of Internal Affairs
Office of Finance and Administration
Ministerstwo Spraw Wewnętrznych
Biuro Administracyjno-Finansowe
02-591 Warsaw, ul. Stefana Batorego 5
tel. +48 22 646 08 27, fax +48 22 845 62 67

National Police Headquarters
Police Logistics Office
Komenda Główna Policji
Biuro Logistyki Policji
02-542 Warsaw, ul. Domaniewska 36/38
tel. +48 22 601 18 65, fax +48 22 601 18 74

National Headquarters of the State Fire Service of Poland
Logistics Office
Komenda Główna Państwowej Straży Pożarnej
Biuro Logistyki
00-463 Warsaw, ul. Podchorążych 38
tel. +48 22 523 34 36, fax +48 22 523 33 18

For a list of Regional Police Departments, please see: (in Polish)

  • Courts and Penal Facilities

Poland’s courts and penal institutions are overseen by the Minister of Justice. Property belonging to the ministry is managed by the Administrative Division of its Bureau of Staff and Logistics. Penal facility buildings are run by the Quartermaster’s and Property Development Office of the Central Prison Service Management.

Ministry of Justice
Bureau of Staff and Logistics
Administrative Division
Ministerstwo Sprawiedliwości
Biuro Kadr i Logistyki
Wydział Administracyjny
00-950 Warsaw, Al. Ujazdowskie 11
tel. +48 22 521 25 59, fax +48 22 521 25 23

Central Prison Service Management
Quartermaster’s Office and Property Development Bureau
Centralny Zarząd Służby Więziennej
Biuro Kwatermistrzowsko-Inwestycyjne
02-521 Warsaw, ul. Rakowiecka 37A
tel./fax +48 22 640 85 11, +48 22 640 85 12

  • Schools and Universities

Education in Poland takes place in state or private nursery schools, kindergartens, primary, middle and secondary schools and higher education institutions (HEIs).

State establishments may be under the permanent management of a commune, poviat or voivodships, but they might also be managed by the school itself. Educational establishments are overseen by the Minister of Science and Higher Education.

Ministry of Science and Higher Education
Department of Budget and Science
Property Management and Development Section
Ministerstwo Nauki i Szkolnictwa Wyższego
Departament Budżetu i Finansów
Wydział Inwestycji i Nieruchomości
00-529 Warsaw, ul. Hoża 20
tel. +48 22 529 24 24, fax +48 22 501 71 61

Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
Department of Art and Culture Education
Ministerstwo Kultury i Dziedzictwa Narodowego
Departament Szkolnictwa Artystycznego i Edukacji Kulturalnej
00-071 Warsaw, ul. Krakowskie Przedmieście 15/17
tel. +48 22 421 04 63, fax +48 22 826 14 70

  • Clinics and Hospitals

Both public and private medical establishments operate in Poland.

State establishments may be under the permanent management of the local authorities, but they might also be managed by the clinic or hospital itself.

Ministry of Health
Administration and Management Department
Ministerstwo Zdrowia
Biuro Administracyjno-Gospodarcze
00-952 Warsaw, ul. Miodowa 15
tel. +48 22 634 96 00,

  • Post Offices

Permits to film in a post office facility are issued by the manager (naczelnik) of the facility in question. The post offices belong to the Polish Post Office.

Polish Post Office
Poczta Polska
00-940 Warsaw, ul. Stawki 2
tel. +48 22 656 54 28,

  • Airports

Permits to film at an airport are issued by the director. If the work or workstations of other services present at the airport, such as the Polish Border Guard, the Customs Service or the Airport Security Guard will also filmed, then the consent of the headquarters of those services is required as well.

Zielona Góra:

  • Railway Stations

Most of Poland’s railway stations and rail infrastructure is owned by the Polish State Railways Joint Stock Company (Polskie Koleje Państwowe S.A.; PKP S.A.) In this case, the producer’s partner will be the company’s Real Estate Operation Department (Departament Eksploatacji Nieruchomości), which issues shooting permits and enters into the relevant agreements. Depending upon what kind of PKP facility will be used as a location, the producer's first point of contact will be the spokesperson for the respective departments and companies which comprise the PKP Group:

  • railway stations: Departament Eksploatacji Nieruchomości;
  • carriage of passengers: PKP Intercity;
  • railway lines: PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe,
  • freight transport, sidings, spur lines and logistics centres: PKP Cargo.

 Before filming begins, it is also necessary to contact the headquarters of the Railways Guards.

Pomerania, Kujawsko-Pomorskie and Warmińsko-Mazurskie voivodships
80-958 Gdańsk, ul. Dyrekcyjna 2/4
tel. +48 58 721 49 00, fax +48 58 721 49 06

85-082 Bydgoszcz, ul. Zygmunta Augusta 7
tel. +48 52 518 34 00, fax +48 52 518 34 10

10-302 Olsztyn, ul. Zientary Malewskiej 24B
tel. +48 89 677 54 00, fax +48 89 677 55 63

Voivodship of Silesia
40-012 Katowice, ul. Dworcowa 3
tel. +48 32 710 63 40, fax +48 32 710 55 85

Małopolska, Lubelskie and Świętokrzyskie voivodships
31-516 Krakow, Rondo Mogilskie 1
tel. +48 12 393 33 60, fax +48 12 393 11 69

20-022 Lublin, ul. Okopowa 5
tel. +48 81 472 33 48, fax +48 81 472 55 10

Wielkopolska, Western Pomerania and Lubuskie voivodships
61-875 Poznań, Al. Niepodległości 8
tel. +48 61 633 55 44, fax +48 61 633 10 13

70-215 Szczecin, ul. Aleja 3 Maja 22
tel. +48 91 471 53 77, fax +48 91 471 54 18

Mazovia, Podlaskie and Łódzkie voivodships
01-246 Warsaw, ul. Armatnia 14
tel. +48 22 474 55 60, fax +48 22 474 51 17

90-002 Łódź, ul. Tuwima 28
tel. +48 42 205 53 90, fax +48 42 205 55 40

Lower Silesia and Opolski voivodships
50-525 Wrocław, ul. Joannitów 13
tel. +48 71 717 33 64, fax +48 71 717 54 09

PKP Intercity
00-848 Warsaw, ul. Żelazna 59A
tel. +48 22 474 28 32, +48 697 044 484

PKP Polish Railway Lines
PKP Polskie Linie Kolejowe
03-734 Warsaw, ul. Targowa 74
tel. +48 22 473 30 02, +48 662 114 900

PKP Cargo
02-021 Warsaw, ul. Grójecka 17
tel. +48 663 290 705

Railway Guards Headquarters
Komenda Główna Straży Ochrony Kolei
00-081 Warsaw, ul. Chmielna 73A
tel. +48 22 474 41 62, fax +48 22 474 41 57,

  • Urban Transport Systems

Urban transport systems in Poland consist of trams, buses and, more rarely, trolley buses. In some cities, rapid urban railways, rapid tram services and even water buses operate. Urban transport services are provided both by private companies and by enterprises and facilities belonging to the urban communes (zakład komunikacji miejskiej, miejski zakład komunikacji, miejskie przedsiębiorstwo komunikacyjne, more often than not). In order to obtain a shooting permit, it is necessary to apply to the owner or managing body of the selected mode of transport. Urban communications are overseen by an organisational unit of the municipal authority (zarząd komunikacji, zarząd transportu, more often than not). There is only one metro, in Warsaw. It is managed by Metro Warszawskie (Warsaw Metro).

Metro Warszawskie
02-798 Warsaw, ul. Wilczy Dół 5
tel. +48 22 655 46 80, fax +48 22 655 46 81,


The website of the Film Commission Poland uses cookies. By using the website without altering your browser settings, you agree to receive these data files. You can change cookies settings in your browser at any time. For more information please refer to the Privacy policy